Monday, March 28, 2011

Who's to blame

I'm hardly myself this week.  My nerves are a wreck.  What should I blame, the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the still possible nuclear meltdown, another war in our endless wars, a proposal to deny food stamps to families with a member who is on strike, friends and acquaintances dieing.  I could go on.

So who's to blame?  I think we all are to blame. We all need to take responsibility for the current situations.  Why aren't we on the street  marching for justice, peace and equity, to say nothing of saving the earth. Why are we watching TV, playing with our computer, I-phones, walking the dog, reading novels, shopping for bargains, working our secure jobs, and generally not paying attention while Rome burns.

I would love to see millions on the street in joyful playful protest, demanding that our elected leaders listen, listen to those the supposedly represent, us, to the earth, to the goodness and the Goddess within.

 It is almost too late for action.  The forces of  repression and manipulation seem to have the upper hand.  The threat is not from foreign or domestic terrorists, but for the corporate takeover of all aspects of our democracy.   Act now while you still can. 



2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous statement. I keep wondering where are the protesters! do we HAVE to do it on line? I think not. We're being bought at every level. National Football for instance is a panacea to take pressure off the men/women who are justifiable angry. And there are other panaceas. Who gives a hoot about Charley Sheen and ad nausea-sum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that activism is on the net. I had intended to attend a demonstration in support of labor, today on the anniversary of Dr. MLK's death. Didn't get myself out of the house. Too much to do, too tired.

    ReplyDelete